At Tedx St Albans we understand that our actions and decisions have a significant impact on the world around us. That’s why we’re committed to working sustainably with our speakers, attendees and stakeholders to consider the long-term impact of our event on the environment and community. By reducing our negative environmental impact, considering diversity and supporting local communities, we strive to operate with environmental and social responsibility.
Our goal is to create a better future for ourselves, our community, and generations to come.
We understand there is no one-size-fits-all solution to the environmental challenges we all face. But we do know that we all need to make a change and that every little change makes a difference. As this is our first event, our sustainability journey has started with prioritising the items which we believe can make an initial positive impact. We will measure our key activities in order to set a baseline for any future events. Explore our efforts here and see how we are making a positive impact.
We are linking our event priorities to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals where we can make the biggest impact.
We are hugely grateful to our partner Sustainable X for helping and advising us in achieving our goals
Minimising our environmental impact
- We aim to minimise paper and single use plastic both in the planning and on the event day. We will provide recycling stations on the day.
- Water filling stations are available, and we encourage all attendees to bring reusable drinking bottles.
- We will measure our Carbon footprint of our event.
Equality and Diversity
- We will consider the Accessibility of our Event, including the venue, our materials, videos and website.
- We will ensure we have diversity of speakers, including, gender, race, disability and topics.
Supporting our local communities
- We will create Green travel plans to support our attendees to travel by the most sustainable method.
- We will use local suppliers where it is practical.
- We will endeavour to use local speakers.
Education as our baseline
- We will measure the education hours of the event.
- We ensure that our Speakers selection cover some aspects of the sustainability agenda.